Adding a new Advert
Navigate to: Admin > Promotion > Advert
Note: your system may contain additional fields if you have requested customisation. If you are unsure, please contact support.
* Denotes required fields.
Click on the Add New button.
- Name*: identifies the advert; on some configurations the name is displayed as a headline/title on the front end
- Target URL: enter the location of the page you wish to link to; this can be a page on your site, a specific file on your site (e.g. a pdf), or a link to an external site. If linking to a page or document on your site, you should omit the domain name within the path, using only the forward slash onwards e.g. http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/your-page-url
- Text: additional text content; may not be present or shown in some configurations
- Category*: assigns the advert to a predefined area on the front end; if you would like to change the position of an advert please contact support.
- End date: set an expiry date for the advert so that it is no longer shown after the selected date
- Flash width/height: required for swf (flash) files only.
- Thumbnail: the image associated with the advert, dimensions will vary depending on the site design
- Live*: tick to enable, untick to disable
- New Window: tick to make the target URL open in a new browser window, untick to disable this feature
Click the Save button to update any changes.
Note: adverts are tied to session so you will need to log out of Redback after making changes or preview your site in a different web browser.